Mortgage Broker Serving Oshawa
Know Your City: Oshawa, Prepare To Be Amazed.
Early settlement in Oshawa can be dated back to the 1700s, Mainly a shoreline town as the main mode of transportation was through Lake Ontario. When highway 2 was built between Toronto and Kingston the settlement started to move inland and expand centralizing around the road. The population in Oshawa grew overtime and more commercial and residential buildings were constructed. The city didn’t see a large spike until the Buick Motor Company started producing cars out of their factory in Oshawa. The job opportunity in the area exploded and the population of the city saw a huge increase. Today, Oshawa is the largest city in the Durham region with great educational institutions and cultural ties.
What Are The Top Schools in Oshawa?
- Maxwell Heights Secondary School
- Monsignor John Pereyma Secondary School (Catholic)
- Eastdale Collegiate and Vocational Institute
- O’Neill Collegiate and Vocational Institute
- Durham Alternative Secondary School
What Are The Major Shopping Centers in Oshawa?
- Oshawa Gateway Shopping Centre
- Oshawa Centre
- SmartCentres Oshawa
- Kingsway Village Shopping Centre
- Five Points Shopping Centre