Accessible Customer Service Policy
CASHIN MORTGAGES is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities. Brokers, Agents, and Employees will carry out their functions and responsibilities in a manner to serve individuals with disabilities and to allow equal access to our services regardless of disability. We demonstrate this commitment as follows:
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will work with all Employees, Brokers, Agents, independent contractors, and volunteers on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities. This includes communicating with Clients in person or over the telephone in plain language and speaking clearly and slowly. Employees, Brokers, and Agents will offer to communicate with Clients by email if verbal communication is not suitable to their communication needs.
2. Mortgage Documents
We are committed to providing accessible documents to all our clients. For this reason, documents will be provided in the following formats upon request: hard copy, large print, in a specific font style. We will answer any questions Clients may have about the content of the documentation in person, by telephone or e-mail. Our team will make every effort to accommodate our clients.
3. Assistive Devices
We are committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices to obtain, use, or benefit from our services. We will ensure that our all of our Employees, Brokers, Agents, independent contractors, and volunteers are made aware that there are various devices and encourage them to be familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by Clients with disabilities while accessing our services.
4. Use of Service Animals and Support Persons
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public. We will also ensure that all Employees, Brokers, Agents, independent contractors, and volunteers are properly made aware of how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal.
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.5. Notice of Temporary Disruption CASHIN MORTGAGES will provide Clients with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include as much information as possible about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at all public entrances and at reception on our premises. 6. Training Training will be provided on policies, practices, and procedures that affect the way services are provided to people with disabilities. CASHIN MORTGAGES will provide training to all staff including Brokers, Agents, independent contractors, Employees who deal with the public, or other third parties providing service on our behalf. Training will also be provided to all those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures. The training will include the following topics:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing “CASHIN MORTGAGES ’s” goods and services;
- “CASHIN MORTGAGES ’s” Inc’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
- Speaking to Mark Cashin Principal Broker, at 293 Dundas Street East, Waterdown during our regular business hours; 9:00am – 5:00 PM
- E-mail to Mark Cashin Principal Broker, at [email protected]
- Phone to Mark Cashin Principal Broker, at 416-898-7600 ext.288