Whether it’s cleaning, painting, or personalizing your home, there’s plenty to keep you occupied. Frequently, maintenance is not made a priority.
Every month or so, a lot of home upkeep and repairs are required.
Here is a thorough home maintenance checklist to assist you in keeping track of those annoying but necessary tasks and creating a manageable home maintenance schedule for the summer.
Repairs and Inspections:
- Inspect all the household drains that require cleaning.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, test fire extinguishers, and replace batteries as necessary.
- Check for obstructions and debris in indoor and outdoor air vents.
- Examine the caulking and weatherstripping around windows and doors, and make any necessary repairs.
- Check the roof tiles and make any necessary repairs.
- Check the air conditioner.
- If required, have your tank checked and pumped.
- Check for leaks in the kitchen and bathrooms (repair leaky faucets, shower heads, and toilets as needed).
- Check the condition of the bathroom tiles.
- Inspect the stair railings on the inside and outside.
- Check the light switches.
- Before you need to regularly turn on the heat, arrange for a professional to inspect your central heating and air conditioning in the late summer or early fall.
- To inspect for hazards and clean the chimney flues, arrange for a professional chimney inspection.
Inside Your Home:
- Clean the vacuum registers, faucet vents, and aerators in the shower.
- Clean the freezer or refrigerator.
- Ensure the waste disposal is clean.
- Keep your dishwasher clean.
- Clean the filter of your extractor.
- Clean doors, windows, and screens.
- Polish your wooden furniture.
- Dust off your ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Clear the filters in your air conditioner.
- Clean the washing hoses and dryer vent.
- Clean the drip pans and the condenser coils of the refrigerator.
- Clean the rugs.
Outside of Your Home:
- Fertilize your yard.
- Prune bushes and trees.
- Maintain your lawn well cared for.
- Fix the driveway and walkway’s holes and cracks.
- Examine the outdoor amusements.
- Check the fencing.
- Check the exterior of your home for rotten or loose siding.
- Any cracked, chipped, or fading exterior paint should be repaired and repainted.
- Build a deck.
- Give the home a good wash.